Requesting OGIS Assistance
Submitting an OGIS request is simple:
- Gather the required documents and information;
- Complete a short questionnaire; and
- Send us your consent, documents and information.
There are no special forms needed for making a request to OGIS. However you need to provide the following:
- Your contact information (name, mailing address or e-mail address, daytime telephone number)
- Description of the issue or the assistance you seek from OGIS (for example, a delay in receiving a response to your FOIA request or a denial of specific information) and the agency involved, if applicable
- Copies of any letters or other materials exchanged with that agency, including original case number assigned to the FOIA request or appeal. This may include:
- Your FOIA request
- The agency’s response to your request
- Your appeal letter
- The agency’s response to your appeal
- Privacy consent statement with signature and date
OGIS has a short questionnaire that we use to help determine whether we can assist you. If OGIS can help you, you will be able to submit your request online. You will then need to submit the above-requested documents and information separately - either via email, fax or mail.
|Mail:||Office of Government Information Services (OGIS)
National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001
If you have any questions about what you need to send, feel free to call us at 202-741-5770.